- San Diego has been identified by the FBI as a high intensity child prostitution area.
- San Diego is an international gateway city for sex trafficking.
- At least 1 million American children are involved in prostitution each year.
- Sex trafficking is a multi billion dollar business annually & is the fastest growing business of organized crime.
- Until now, there has been no long-term recovery program available in San Diego specifically for these young women.
- Homeless, runaway & throwaway children (within 72 hours on the street a child is approached for sex)
- Children who are victims of child abuse or domestic violence
- Children in an unstable or neglectful home environment
- Children with low self esteem or missing a parent figure in their lives
- Any child with access to the Internet
The GenerateHope Solution
- Safe Housing in a compassionate environment
- A Learning Center – Groups & support for life skills, communication & relationship skills, parenting skills, healing from the trauma of child sexual abuse & the sex trade, poor self-esteem, and more.
- Child Care – for the women are also parents
- Education – high school, college, or trade school
- Job Training & Job Shadowing
- Up to 7 years of continued support